Monday, December 24, 2007

african art painting

I was a little disappointed, I must confess, but thoroughly charmed by his good-nature too. I told him how I esteemed his good-nature; and said that his hair must have taken all the obstinacy out of his character, for he had none. ¡¡¡¡'Oh!' returned Traddles, laughing. 'I assure you, it's quite an old story, my unfortunate hair. My uncle's wife couldn't bear it. She said it exasperated her. It stood very much in my way, too, when I first fell in love with Sophy. Very much!' ¡¡¡¡'Did she object to it?' ¡¡¡¡'SHE didn't,' rejoined Traddles; 'but her eldest sister

- the one that's the Beauty - quite made game of it, I understand. In fact, all the sisters laugh at it.' ¡¡¡¡'Agreeable!' said I. ¡¡¡¡'Yes,' returned Traddles with perfect innocence, 'it's a joke for us. They pretend that Sophy has a lock of it in her desk, and is obliged to shut it in a clasped book, to keep it down. We laugh about it.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

african art painting"