Sunday, December 30, 2007

precious time

declining to vacate the passage; where there was no knocker on the door for any creditor to appeal to; where personal service of process was not required, and detainees were merely lodged at the gate! Gentlemen,' said Mr. Micawber, 'when the shadow of that iron-work on the summit of the brick structure has been reflected on the gravel of the Parade, I have seen my children thread the mazes of the intricate pattern, avoiding the dark marks.

I have been familiar with every stone in the place. If I betray weakness, you will know how to excuse me.' ¡¡¡¡'We have all got on in life since then, Mr. Micawber,' said I. ¡¡¡¡'Mr. Copperfield,' returned Mr. Micawber, bitterly, 'when I was an inmate of that retreat I could look my fellow-man in the face, and punch his head if he offended me. My fellow-man and myself are no longer on those glorious terms!'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Naiade oil painting"