Tuesday, December 25, 2007

seated nude

'There is some unfortunate division between them,' I replied. 'Some unhappy cause of separation. A secret. It may be inseparable from the discrepancy in their years. It may have grown up out of almost nothing.' ¡¡¡¡Mr. Dick, who had told off every sentence with a thoughtful nod, paused when I had done, and sat considering, with his eyes upon my face, and his hand upon my knee. ¡¡¡¡'Doctor not angry with her, Trotwood?'

he said, after some time. ¡¡¡¡'No. Devoted to her.' ¡¡¡¡'Then, I have got it, boy!' said Mr. Dick. ¡¡¡¡The sudden exultation with which he slapped me on the knee, and leaned back in his chair, with his eyebrows lifted up as high as he could possibly lift them, made me think him farther out of his wits than ever. He became as suddenly grave again, and leaning forward as before, said - first respectfully taking out his pocket-handkerchief, as if it really did represent my aunt:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

seated nude"