Sunday, January 27, 2008

Gustav Klimt Painting

Well,the 21st is Friday.If a whacking great robbery takes place nearAndover then-""Ah,what a comfort that would be-!" "A comfort?"I stared.The word seemed to be a very extraordinary one touse. "A robbery may be a thrill but it can hardly be a comfort!"I protested. Poirot shook his head energetically. "You are in error,my friend.You do not understand my meaning.A robberywould be a relief since it would dispossess my mind of the fear of somethingelse." "Of what?" "Murder."said Hercule Poirot.(Not from Captain Hastings's Personal Narrative)

Mr.Alexander Bonaparte Cust rose from his seat and peered near-sightedlyround the shabby bedroom.His back was stiff from sitthing in a crampedposition and as he stretched himself to his full height an onlooker wouldhave realized that he was,in reality,quite a tall man.His stoop and hisnear-sighted peering gave a delusive impression.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gustav Klimt Painting"