Thursday, March 13, 2008

fine art landscape painting

security, when I knew that there was a stranger in the room, an
individual not belonging to Gateshead, and not related to Mrs. Reed.
Turning from Bessie (though her presence was far less obnoxious to
me than that of Abbot, for instance, would have been), I scrutinised
the face of the gentleman: I knew him; it was Mr. Lloyd, an
apothecary, sometimes called in by Mrs. Reed when the servants were
ailing: for herself and the children she employed a physician.
'Well, who am I?' he asked.

I pronounced his name, offering him at the same time my hand: he
took it, smiling and saying, 'We shall do very well by and by.' Then
he laid me down, and addressing Bessie, charged her to be very careful
that I was not disturbed during the night. Having given some further

No comments: