Tuesday, March 18, 2008

leonardo da vinci mona lisa

as boys are elsewhere), 'Burns, you are standing on
the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately.' 'Burns, you
poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in.' 'Burns, I insist on
your holding your head up; I will not have you before me in that
attitude,' etc. etc.
A chapter having been read through twice, the books were closed and
the girls examined. The lesson had comprised part of the reign of
Charles I, and there were sundry questions about tonnage and
oil paintings
poundage and ship-money, which most of them appeared unable to answer;
still, every little difficulty was solved instantly when it reached
Burns: her memory seemed to have retained the substance of the whole
lesson, and she was ready with answers on every point. I kept

No comments: