Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Diego Rivera Portrait of Natasha Zakolkowa Gelman painting

What thou seest when thou dost wake,Do it for thy true-love take,Love and languish for his sake:Be it ounce, or cat, or bear,Pard, or boar with bristled hair,In thy eye that shall appearWhen thou wakest, it is thy dear:Wake when some vile thing is near.
[Exit]
[Enter LYSANDER and HERMIA]
LYSANDER
Fair love, you faint with wandering in the wood;And to speak troth, I have forgot our way:We'll rest us, Hermia, if you think it good,And tarry for the comfort of the day.
HERMIA
Be it so, Lysander: find you out a bed;For I upon this bank will rest my head.
LYSANDER
One turf shall serve as pillow for us both;One heart, one bed, two bosoms and one troth.
HERMIA
Nay, good Lysander; for my sake, my dear,Lie further off yet, do not lie so near.
LYSANDER
O, take the sense, sweet, of my innocence!Love takes the meaning in love's conference.I mean, that my heart unto yours is knitSo that but one heart we can make of it;Two bosoms interchained with an oath;So then two bosoms and a single troth.Then by your side no bed-room me deny;For lying so, Hermia, I do not lie.

No comments: