Tuesday, June 3, 2008

painting idea

""You crossed my path on the fourth of January," said he. "On the twenty-third you incommoded me; by the middle of February I was seriously inconvenienced by you; at the end of March I was absolutely hampered in my plans; and now, at the close of April, I find myself placed in such a position through your continual persecution that I am in positive danger of losing my liberty. The situation is becoming an impossible one."
""Have you any suggestion to make?" I asked.
" "You must drop it, Mr. Holmes," said he, swaying his face about. "You really must, you know."
""After Monday," said I.
" "Tut, tut!" said he. ' I am quite sure that a man of your intelligence will see that there can be but one outcome to this affair. It is necessary that you should withdraw. You have worked things in such a fashion that we have only one resource left. It has been an intellectual treat to me to see the way in which you have grappled with this affair, and I say, unaffectedly, that it would be a grief to me to be forced to take any extreme measure. You smile, sir, but I assure you that it really would.

No comments: