Saturday, August 30, 2008

Caravaggio The Supper at Emmaus painting

from the principals, who too had separated, or been separated by their respective aides. There was much excited talk of "insults," "loss of face," "torpedoed negotiation." Having got me out of reach of their leaders, no one knew what to do with me, for though their distress and indignation were evident, they had gathered I enjoyed some special status in the Chancellor's party.
"Founder help you if you're the one who upset X," snarled a forelocked fellow. "You've shot down the whole flunking Boundary Conference!"
Until that moment, distracted by my sympathy for Leonid Alexandrov and the ideological exchanges with him and his stepfather, I hadn't realized the significance of my achievement.
"By George, you're right!" I exclaimed. "I guess I've ended the Boundary Dispute!"
The aide conjectured disagreeably that it might prove the end of the University as well. Now the Chancellor's party came by, still waving

No comments: