Monday, December 29, 2008

Lorrain Embarkation of St Paula Romana at Ostia

Rubens The Virgin and Child in a Garland of Flower
When I talk with other freelancers about outsourcing, the first thing that comes to mind is often the bookkeeping task. Let’s face it: just because you’re a good writer or designer doesn’t mean you’re good with accounting. Even if you’re good at it, you probably don’t enjoy it. If that’s the case, consider hiring an accountant, or a virtual bookkeeper.
There are probably other tasks you can outsource, as well. For example, if I’m proofreading a longer piece. In the last couple of months, I’ve been able to outsource that particular task. In my case, I’ve outsourced this task to my wife, who is a much better proofer than I am.Remember why you chose the
A key part of finding joy in your work is remembering why you chose this line of work. For example, I love the fact that I’m able to make a difference with my writing. A lot of the writing I do is educational; whether it’s writing about on a client’s topic, I try to write things that benefit others. I want to improve their lives with my work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great post. I would love to follow you on twitter.