Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pablo Picasso Don Quixote

The sergeant, ma'am, over there by the large crate, he's got the keys. But I daren't ask him, ma'am, I'm sorry."
"Oh well," she said with a pretty sigh of regret. "Thank you anyway."
Lord Roke heard hand in the thick fleece of her coat, until he reached the hem at the level of her knees. There he clung and looked around.
They had rigged a floodlight, which made the wet rocks glisten brilliantly. But as he looked down, casting around for shadows, he saw the glare begin to swing sideways in a gust of wind. He heard a shout, and the light went out abruptly.
He dropped to the ground at once and sprang through the dashing sleet toward the sergeantbooted feet moving away over rock, and then she whispered: "You heard about the keys?""Tell me where the sergeant is. I need to know where and how far.""About ten of my paces away. To the right. A big man. I can see the keys in a bunch at his waist.""No good unless I know which one. Did you see them lock the manacles?""Yes. A short, stubby key with black tape wound around it."Lord Roke climbed down hand over

No comments: