Thursday, October 11, 2007

oil painting for sale

'Now,' said he, releasing his under lip from a hard bite, 'just
hand me my whip; it lies there under the hedge.'
I sought it and found it.
'Thank you; now make haste with the letter to Hay, and return as
fast as you can.'
A touch of a spurred heel made his horse first start and rear,
and then bound away; the dog rushed in his traces; all three vanished,
'Like heath that, in the wilderness,
The wild wind whirls away.'
I took up my muff and walked on. The incident had occurred and
was gone for me: it was an incident of no moment, no romance, no
interest in a sense; yet it marked with change one single hour of a
monotonous life. My help had been needed and claimed; I had given
it: I was pleased to have done something; trivial, transitory though
the deed was, it was yet an active thing, and I was weary of an
existence all passive. The new face, too, was like a new picture
introduced to the gallery of memory; and it was dissimilar to all
the others hanging there: firstly, because it was masculine; and

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oil painting for sale"

Anonymous said...

il painting for sale"

Anonymous said...

il painting for sale"