Sunday, December 23, 2007

famous oil painting

'Dora, my own life, I am your ruined David!' ¡¡¡¡'I declare I'll make Jip bite you!' said Dora, shaking her curls, 'if you are so ridiculous.' ¡¡¡¡But I looked so serious, that Dora left off shaking her curls, and laid her trembling little hand upon my shoulder, and first looked scared and anxious, then began to cry. That was dreadful. I fell upon my knees before the sofa, caressing her, and imploring her not to rend my heart; but, for some time, poor little Dora did nothing but exclaim Oh dear! Oh dear! And oh, she was so frightened! And where was Julia Mills! And oh, take her to Julia Mills, and go away, please! until I was almost beside myself. ¡¡¡

¡At last, after an agony of supplication and protestation, I got Dora to look at me, with a horrified expression of face, which I gradually soothed until it was only loving, and her soft, pretty cheek was lying against mine. Then I told her, with my arms clasped round her, how I loved her, so dearly, and so dearly; how I felt it right

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

famous oil painting"