Sunday, January 27, 2008

Edward Hopper Painting

It was written on thickish white notepaper in printed characters: Mr.Hercule Poirot,-You fancy yourself,don't you,at solving mysteriesthat are too difficult for our poor thickheaded British police?Let us see,Mr.Clever Poirot,just how clever you can be.Perhaps you'll find this nuttoo hard to crack.Look out for Andover,on the 21st of the month. Yours,etc.,A B C I glanced at the envelope.That also was printed. "Postmarked WCI,"said Poirot as I turned my attention to the postmark. "Well,what is your opinion?" I shrugged my shoulders as I handed it back to him. "Some madman or other,I suppose."

"That is all you have to say?" "Well-doesn't it sound like a madman to you?" "Yes,my friend,it does." His tone was grave.I looked at him curiously. "You take this very seriously,Poirot." "A madman,mon ami,is to be taken seriously.A madman is a very dangerouthing."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Edward Hopper Painting"