Sunday, January 27, 2008

Rembrandt Painting

Yes,of course,that is true......I hadn't considered thatpoint......But what I meant was,it sounds more like a rather idiotic kindof hoax.Perhaps some convivial idiot who had had one over the eight." "Comment?Nine?Nine what?" "Nothing-just an expression.I meant a fellow who was tight.No,damn it,a fellow who had had a spot too much to drink." "Merci,Hastings-the expression "tight"I am acquainted with it.As yousay,there may be nothing more to it than that......" "But you think there is?"I asked,struck by the dissatisfaction of histone. Poirot shook his head doubtfully,but he did not speak.

"What have you done about it"I inquired. "What can one do?I showed it to Japp.He was of the same opinion as you-astupid hoax-that was the expression he used.They get these things every dayat Scotland Yard.I,too,have had my share......" "But you take this one seriously?" Poirot replied slowly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rembrandt Painting"