Sunday, January 27, 2008

mona lisa smile

It must have been very different last night,"said Poirot."Possibly youeven observed the murderer enter the shop-a tall,fair man with a beard,washe not?A Russian,so I have heard." "What's that?"The woman looked up sharply."A Russian did it,you say?" "I understand that the police have arrested him." "Did you ever know?"The woman was excited,voluble."A foreigner." "Mais oui.I thought perhaps you might have noticed him last night?"

"Well,I don't get much chance of noticing,and that's fact.Theevening's our busy time and there's always a fair few passing along andgetting home after their work.A tall,fair man with a beard-no,I can't sayI saw anyone of that description anywhere about." I broke in on my cue. "Excuse me,sir,"I said to Poirot. "I think you have been misinformed.A short dark man I was told."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mona lisa smile"