Friday, January 2, 2009

Swatland early morning on the island

world events with. Heck, I even dated a few of them. We still remained friends afterwards. During my sophomore year in guy friend of mine once told me that the guys loved hanging out with me because I could hang out with the guys and still be feminine about it. Not only that, but I have been told (not being conceited here, just stating facts that I was told about me … ) that I am a good friend, always there when
Yet with that being said it still bothered me that I couldn’t maintain a female friend for the fact that most of the ones I met could do nothing but talk makeup/fashion/gossip. I was never big on all of them were like that, but the few that weren’t; I still couldn’t maintain the friendship. I later realized that it had a lot to do with my self esteem. I eventually became more comfortable in my skin, but the yearning for a few close girlfriends increased. Don’t get me wrong. It’s not like I night with a book and did absolutely nothing. But it just seemed like if I wasn’t hanging out with the guys, I was doing my own thing. Obviously, seeing a chick flick was out of the question for them, so I would see it on my own. Yet, you could always find us out and about town together.

No comments: