Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Unknown Artist Venice Grand Canal

That's great," Rincewind took a deep breath. "look," he said desperately, "let's eat somewhere else. There's been a bit of a fight down below.
"A tavern brawl? Why didn't you wake me up?"
"Well, you see, I - what?"
"I thought I made myself clear this morning, Rincewind. I want to see genuine slave market, not all dockside talk?" And now, to the wizard's astonishment, Twoflower was almost pleading.
"Oh, yeah. We have them all right," said Rincewind hurriedly. He pictured them in his mind, and recoiled from the thought.the Whore Pits, the Temple of Small Gods, the Beggars' Guild... and a genuine tavern brawl." A faint note of suspicion entered Twoflower's voice. "You do have them, don't you? You know, people swinging on chandeliers, swordfights over the table, the sort of thing Hrun the Barbarian and the Weasel are always getting involved in. You know - excitement."Rincewind sat down heavily on the bed."You want to see a fight?" he said."Yes. What's wrong with that?""For a start, people get hurt.""Oh, I wasn't suggesting we get involved. I just want to see one, that's all. And some of your famous heroes. You do have some, don't you? It's

No comments: