Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Vincent van Gogh Road with Cypress and Star

tinkled, and every bird in the great room shrieked, and Lyra's ears rang.
But she was equal to it.
"That's why I love you best," she said to lofur Raknison, "because you're passionate and strong as well as clever. And I just miles away to spy for you, or keep me here by your side, whichever you like. And I'd help you lead the bears to capture Bolvangar, if you like, and make them create more daemons for your favorite bears; or if you'd rather be the only bear with a daemon, we could destroy Bolvangar forever. We could do anything, lofur Raknison, you and me together!"had to leave him and come and tell you, because I don't want him ruling the bears. It ought to be you. And there is a way of taking me away from him and making me your daemon, but you wouldn't know what it was unless I told you, and you might do the usual thing about fighting bears like him that've been outcast; I mean, not fight him properly, but kill him with fire hurlers or something. And if you did that, I'd just go out like a light and die with him.""But you-how can-""I can become your daemon," she said, "but only if you defeat lorek Byrnison in single combat. Then his strength will flow into you, and my mind will flow into yours, and we'll be like one person, thinking each other's thoughts; and you can send me

No comments: